By Alex Schadenberg, Executive Director - Euthanasia Prevention Coalition
If you live in Ontario you need to send a message to theCollege of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO).
- State that Physicians need to uphold their promise to "Do No Harm."
- State that if euthanasia or assisted suicide is legalized that physicians must maintain their right of conscience to refuse to participate in any way.
- Emphasize that you would need feel safe if your physician participated in euthanasia or assisted suicide.
- Talking points, a link to some excellent articles.
The (CPSO), is asking for feedback, before February 20, on its draft policy on end-of-life care. Titled: “Planning for and Providing Quality of End-of-Life Care.”
You need to respond. The (CPSO) has made it easy to provide feedback before February 20. You can make comments in the following ways:
- Post to the CPSO's end-of-life care discussion forum;
- Send an email to EOLpolicy@cpso.on.ca;
- Fill out an online survey (there are text boxes in which you can explain your responses);
- Send a letter to: (College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario, 80 College St., Toronto, Ont., M5G 2E2).
If you live in Saskatchewan the College of Physician and Surgeons of Saskatchewan are seeking your feedback on the Policy - Conscientious Refusal before March 6, 2015.