By Alex Schadenberg
Executive Director - Euthanasia Prevention Coalition
In 2014 there were many great articles opposing euthanasia and assisted suicide. Here are some of the key articles published from different perspectives in 2014.
People with disabilities oppose euthanasia and assisted suicide.
● January, Dr Kevin Fitzpatrick, a spokesperson for Not Dead Yet UK and the new Director of EPC International wrote an article - Legalizing euthanasia threatens people with disabilities.
● In February, Stephen Drake, the researcher for Not Dead Yet explained how the New Hampshire assisted suicide bill definition of "Terminal Condition" was broad enough to include anyone with a chronic condition.
● In April, Jim Derksen, a founder of the Council of Canadians with Disabilities wrote an about euthanasia and eugenics - Not Dead Yet.
● In June, John Kelly, from Second Thoughts wrote - Assisted Suicide: Just Too Dangerous.
● In July, Baroness Jane Campbell from the UK wrote - Assisted Suicide could lure me to the grave.
● In October Catherine Frazee wrote - Assisted suicide debate masks disability prejudice.
● In November, Marilyn Golden from the Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund wrote -Assisted Suicide is Bad Medicine.
Depression, Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide.